Here are some common home remedies for sunburn:
- Cold compresses: Apply a cold compress, such as a clean cloth soaked in cool water, to the sunburned area to help reduce pain and inflammation.
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera gel can help soothe sunburned skin and provide a cooling sensation. You can apply the gel directly from the plant or purchase aloe vera gel at a store.
- Hydration: Drink plenty of water to help hydrate your skin from the inside out.
- Oatmeal: Mixing colloidal oatmeal with a little water to make a paste can help relieve sunburned skin. Apply the paste to the sunburned area and leave it on for a few minutes before rinsing off.
- Over-the-counter pain relievers: You can take over-the-counter pain relievers such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen to help relieve pain and reduce inflammation.
- Moisturize: Gently apply a moisturizer that is made for after-sun care or a fragrance-free lotion to your sunburned skin to help trap in moisture.
- Avoid further sun exposure: Until the sunburn is healed, avoid further sun exposure and wear protective clothing and sunscreen.
It’s important to note that these remedies may not work for everyone and it’s best to consult a doctor if you have severe sunburn, blisters, or symptoms of heat stroke.