There are several ways to control cholesterol levels:
- Diet: Eating a diet low in saturated and trans fats, and cholesterol can help lower cholesterol levels. Eating foods high in fiber, such as fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, can also help.
- Exercise: Regular physical activity can help raise “good” HDL cholesterol and lower “bad” LDL cholesterol.
- Weight management: Maintaining a healthy weight can also help lower cholesterol levels.
- Medications: If lifestyle changes alone are not enough to control cholesterol, a doctor may prescribe medication such as statins, which can help lower cholesterol levels.
- Stop smoking: Quit smoking or not smoking can help to improve the cholesterol profile.
It’s important to consult with a doctor to determine the best approach for controlling cholesterol levels, as the specific treatment plan will vary depending on an individual’s overall health and risk factors.