Tea tree oil can be used to treat acne by diluting it with a carrier oil (such as jojoba oil) and applying it to the affected area. It should not be used undiluted on the skin as it can cause irritation. Repeat the application 2-3 times daily until the acne improves. It’s recommended to patch test first and dilute to a maximum of 5% concentration.
Follow These Steps:
- Dilute tea tree oil with a carrier oil (such as jojoba oil) in a ratio of 1:10 (5% concentration).
- Cleanse your face and dry it gently.
- Apply the diluted tea tree oil to the affected areas using a cotton swab or your fingers.
- Leave the oil on for at least 10 minutes or overnight.
- Rinse your face with water and pat dry.
- Repeat the process 2-3 times daily until desired results are achieved.
- If skin irritation occurs, stop using the oil.
Note: Always perform a patch test before using tea tree oil on your face and avoid using undiluted oil on the skin.