Horseradish is a natural remedy that can be used to clear sinus congestion. It contains compounds that help to thin mucus and stimulate the sinuses, which can help to relieve congestion and promote easier breathing. Here’s how you can use horseradish for this purpose:
- Start by preparing fresh horseradish. You can do this by peeling and grating a fresh horseradish root.
- Add a small amount of grated horseradish to a bowl or jar.
- Pour some apple cider vinegar or white vinegar over the horseradish until it is fully covered.
- Close the jar and let it sit for a week, shaking it every day to mix the contents.
- After a week, strain the mixture through a cheesecloth or fine mesh strainer to remove the solids, and store the liquid in a clean jar.
- To use, put a teaspoon or two of the horseradish mixture into your mouth and inhale deeply through your nose. You can also mix a teaspoon of the horseradish mixture with honey or water to make a drink.
- Repeat as needed to help relieve sinus congestion.
It’s important to note that horseradish can be quite strong, so start with a small amount and gradually increase as needed. Additionally, if you experience any irritation or discomfort, discontinue use and speak with a healthcare professional.